John R. Cashin has over 30 years of experience spanning each level of the insurance/reinsurance industry as a broker, advisor, and executive in the private sector and as a government regulator. He is both an ARIAS-U.S. Certified Arbitrator and a member of the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR) Panel of Distinguished Neutrals. His knowledge of each aspect of the insurance/reinsurance industry is rooted in a diverse international practice based in the U.S., Europe, and the Middle East in roles including:
- General Counsel for several segments of the Zurich Insurance Group, including General Insurance, Zurich’s largest business segment with over 35,000 employees operating in 170 countries and annual written premiums of over $36 billion
- Outside counsel on matters relating to coverage, regulatory compliance, and reinsurance litigation and arbitration for insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries
- Executive and broker for insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries at firms including Guy Carpenter & Company (Marsh & McLennan), Willis Faber North America (Willis Group), Madison Intermediaries (Frank B. Hall), and Sullivan Payne Company (Sedgwick Group)
Regulatory positions include:
- Deputy Superintendent, New York State Insurance Department
- Counsel to the New York State Senate Committees on Insurance, Corporations, and Moral Obligation Financing
Mr. Cashin’s publications and comments have appeared in Best’s Review, the Journal of Reinsurance, Middle East Insurance Review, and ARIAS-U.S. Quarterly.